Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Favorite Educational Websites

As a teacher I think that it is important to always bring new ideas to your classroom. Whether the ideas come in the form of activities, technology or the latest methods of teaching, students love the change of pace and any ways to make math fun!

Teacher Tube – This website is my favorite, especially for my Pre-Calculus and Calculus math classes. I am always looking for new ways to present concepts to my class. This website provides me with new ideas and easier tactics to use with my students. The videos tend to last from anywhere between 3-30 minutes depending on the topic.

Discovery Education – This is another great website. It includes lesson plans, videos, professional development, forum, assignment builders and much more. This website is not free to use. One must either be a member or an educator to have access to it.

Nancy Powell – This is Nancy Powell’s website, which I absolutely love! This website is more geometry focused and includes many hands-on activities, which students enjoy. I am currently doing some of these projects with my class and students seem to thoroughly enjoy them. Also, she offers great activities using geometry sketchpad.

No comments: