Monday, November 10, 2008

Save Money, Hitch A Ride!!!

This blog details a report I did on saving money by carpooling. This project includes a power point presentation, excel spread sheet representing my data, and a written report.

This project has opened up my eyes to the amount of money that is being spent on gas. I commuted to Anchorage for two years while attending the University of Alaska Anchorage and it never occured to me to carpool. After looking at my results in this report I was baffled on the yearly expense of commuting. I'm willing to bet the amount of money I spent commuting to Anchorage would equal about half of my tution for two years.

This project also shocked me on the difference of gas between my car and Scott's truck. Granted it's nice to have some metal between you while driving on the roads in Alaska but for the amount of money it costs to drive a truck, well...I'm going to have to think on this for awhile.


I had a lot of fun with this project. Carpooling is a great way to save on money, help out the economy, and make new friends. What I would struggle with would be waiting patiently after school for my ride and dragging Scott out of bed early so I could make it to work on time.

Click here to view my project report

Click here to view my data presented on Excel

Click here to view my power point presentation

No comments: