Sunday, October 12, 2008

Car Pooling - Energy Conservaton Project

My commitment to student teaching this year has put a damper on my extra spending money. I have been pondering the question, "how can I save money when I'm not really making money?" Frustrating. As I considered how I spend my money, I realized that my car was one of the biggest expenses. Given that gas is at sky high prices, and I only live five miles from school, it made sense for me to start carpooling. My fiance, Scott, who conveniently drives by Houston Middle School on his way to work everyday will be my mode of transportation for a week.

Questions:
* How much money will I save by car pooling for a week???
* How much money will I save by car pooling in my car versus Scott's truck???

Assumption:
* I think that I will save $20.00 a week by car pooling to work

Requirements for my Research:
* I first will need to figure out how many miles per gallon my car gets.
* I will also need to figure out how many miles per gallon Scott's truck gets.
* I will drive to school to and from school for one week.
* I will then car pool with Scott to and from school for one week.
* During this two week period of time I will keep a record of my data and my results that I find.

No comments: